An overnight fire has killed a family of four, simply identified as Eze’s family, at No. 13, Buraimoh street, Bariga area of Lagos.

The Director of Lagos State Fire Service, Mr. Rasak Fadipe, confirmed the incident to the News Agency of Nigeria on Wednesday in Lagos. Fadipe said the incident occurred at about 2.48 am.

He said personnel of the service got to the scene of the incident as soon as they got information about the fire, but that due to the double burglary irons on the door and window of the apartment, they were unable to reach the victims in time.

YOU MISSED THIS?  Galatasaray Seal Fernando Signing From Manchester City

Some sources told NAN that the deceased woman was the pregnant mother of the two children and that the fire started after electricity supply was restored to the area.

YOU MISSED THIS?  Mourinho claims United don't spend enough to match City

Others believed that the fire could have been caused by candlelight.